10mg CBD per serving
Makes 1 dozen
These adorable carrot cupcakes will make the Easter Bunny happy, with a little extra chill! While we love pastel-colored chocolate eggs on top, any kind of Easter-candy topping will work nicely (try jelly beans and mini-chocolate bunnies).
For the Cupcakes:
½ cup almonds
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
6 (20mg) packets Caliper CBD dissolvable powder
1½ cups grated carrots
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Frosting:
2½ cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon almond extract
For the Topping:
1 (10-ounce) bag candy-coated chocolate eggs
1 (3.5-ounce) bar chocolate
To prepare the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a food processor, pulse almonds until finely ground.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ground almonds, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and pumpkin pie spice. Add the Caliper and whisk well to combine evenly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ground carrots, granulated sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well mixed, then stir into the flour mixture, blending well to make sure the CBD is evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide among the muffin cups, filling each ¾ full. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the pan to cool completely.
Meanwhile, make the frosting:
- Beat the confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese and butter with a mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in the lemon juice and almond extract. Pipe or spread on the cupcakes.
Lastly, decorate your cupcakes:
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave your chocolate bar.
- Sprinkle over the freshly-frosted cupcakes, and then top each with some mini chocolate eggs.